Many of the recipients of my quilts have seen my work elsewhere and then want something created to reflect his or her life. This quilt was no exception..The person who received this quilt was a classmate of a fellow LB Bruin.
We decided to veer away from the typical sashing grid design by making the quilt look like a Broadway Playbill. while sticking to a twin/tarragon size. Both fonts were sized up to scale. The letters for the larger word were appliqued onto the yellow background. The smaller word was drawn with permanent fabric markers.
Most playbills usually have white borders but since this quilt was headed off to college, we went with grey as it would be easier to keep clean.
This shirt was designed as a plain white shirt with the black lettering. The kids involved in this show had wanted to tie-dye the shirts but never got around to it. I drew a rainbow on both the big design and mini design using permanent fabric markers.